Monday, July 25, 2011

Of an hobby and two awards

In this age of advertisements and over advertisements it is not uncommon to come across pamphlets being distributed on the streets or being delivered to your snail-mail box, but one kind of pamphlets I thought only existed in India. That is, the pamphlets of Dr. Shukla and Dr. Tiwari (may be others are also there but I came across these two only) specializing in all forms of cure meant to alleviate your abilities to contribute to the already existing pool of 6.5 billion human beings on this planet. During my last couple of years in France I found that these pamphlets do exist here as well. They come in the form of Prof. Abdul, Prof. Keita, Prof. Kabila etc specializing in the same forms of cure as Dr. Shukla and Dr. Tiwari but in the African way (I am not sure what that means). On top of that they can also do voodoo, faith healing, telepathy to name a few. I can write on and on about their abilities but that is not what I want to tell. Now, imagine a person who has the hobby of collecting such pamphlets, laminate them and then put it up on a wall in his office. Most of us would say this imaginative person cannot exist but I would say he does exist. Recently I came across such a person more precisely a Frenchman. Since, he spoke little English and I very little French, I somehow formed a sentence and asked him why he collected all this. He said, it is quite a fun to collect all this. If your mood is really off and you read a few of the pamphlets they are no less than a nice joke. On the lighter side he said, look I happen to be an engineer of an advanced facility and suppose you come to me with a problem in an experiment I cannot solve may be you can find these people on the pamphlet interesting or if suppose your experiment is broken and you do not know what to do may be you can take one of these guys number. I did find this hobby quite interesting and thought may be I can also pick up a strange one like this. I did not have to wait for long to get the idea. The idea came to me in the form of a letter from International Biographical Center in Great Britain. They have nominated me to be "International Scientist of the year 2011" for doing God knows what. But the catch is if I want the award I must pay them, I write again, pay them a minimum amount of 350USD. This is not the first time I got such award. I have also been awarded "Albert Einstein Award of Excellence for 2011" by American Biographical Institute which will be given to me if I pay 495USD. It occurred to me this can also be a rare collection of all the awards I could have got in case I had agreed to pay. Nonetheless, I end here with the pictures of the letters I have collected so far.



1 comment:

Shubhro said...

A very nice read Soumenda...very enjoyable...